AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG EASERA -> Gateway Loopback
Gateway Loopback
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:33 am Reply with quote
Karnett

Maybe I'm missing something but I think the gateway is supposed to have a loopback built in. I can't seem to find out how to make this work. I also can't find any documentation to help me. I hope I'm not missing something obvious.

Thanks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Jim Mobley

The Gateway does not have the SPDIF input and output of the Presonus Fire Box on which it is based, this channel is used internally as a loopback channel specifically for latency correction. This is always present and need not be switched on or off.

The Gateway that's sitting on my desk has a response that is + 0, - 0.8 dB from 10 Hz to 20 kHz using the mic pre and +0; -2 dB from 10 Hz to 40 kHz using the line inputs from analog input to analog output. You can use an external loopback cable if you want to compensate for this, however, a better way is to use EASERA's ability to create and save a reference file for your hardware (this can be done for any hardware, not just the Gateway) and use this reference file rather than the physical loopback. Using the hardware reference, my Gateway is + or - 0.02 dB from 10 Hz to 48 kHz. This seems good enough to me and frees me to use the other channel for a second measurement mic. Once you've used two, you'll never go back to just one.

Jim Mobley
Sr. Application Engineer
Renkus-Heinz, Inc.
19201 Cook St.
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610 USA
TEL: +1-949-588-9997
FAX: +1-949-588-9514
www.renkus-heinz.com
mailto:jim@renkus-heinz.com
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Karnett

Thanks Jim.

Are you using this reference file or the SPIDF loopback for the dual FFT function or must I use an external loopback cable for this. I've been using the cable but I thought I could use the internal loopback feature. This is what I'm struggling with. I can't seem to find out how to do this if it is possible.

Thanks Again,

Kevin
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG EASERA