AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Bug in trying to remove face from 2nd object
Bug in trying to remove face from 2nd object
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Arthur

Description:
EASE crashes when trying to use the "Select" item button in the "Edit Object" window, under the the "Items" tab on a *second* object being edited in a row.

Error Message:
EaseRoom.exe-Application Error
The instruction at "0x521d46c3" referenced memory at "0x00000088". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program

When you click on CANCEL, the machine locks up. When you click on OK, you get the following error message:

The instruction at "0x10012104" referenced memory at "0x02801ed6". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.

Version #: 4.1.0.7 running on a P4 3GHz, 1 GB Ram, Windows 2000 Pro

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open up the first object to be edited.
  2. Using the "Select" button under the "Items" tab, deselect a face from an object.
  3. Apply the changes to the first object, click ok
  4. Open up a second object to be edited.
  5. Click on the "Select" button under the "Items" tab.
  6. At this point the computer crashes with the above mentioned error message. If you click on CANCEL, then the computer hangs.

A few notes:

1. This is a rather large, complex model with hundreds of faces, over a thousand vertices.
  2. This doesn't happen every single time, but has happened with enough frequency to be annoying (so far a dozen times today).
  3. Only happens on the second or successive object being edited. Almost never on the first object.
  4. I performed a F6 save immediately prior to editing the object, it seems to have lessened the frequency of this problem, but it still occurs. Maybe I'm imagining things!
  5. I have the same faces in two objects, one being a "master" object of the entire floor, the other being a "sub" object containing common materials within each floor. Hence the reason why I'm having to edit two or more objects in a row. Makes for tedious work when I'm trying to delete a face attached to two or more objects! I wish that there was an easier way to deselect a face from an object, even from within the individual face's edit properties window. Hint hint! Wink
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4