AFMG Network
Forums for AFMG Software
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE Forum Archive -> Ease Modeling RT time does not change
Ease Modeling RT time does not change
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Jeremy Nuckolls

I have been looking at the RT60 time for an ease model that I am working on and noticed that my calculations do no change when switching between extremely different materials (perforated metal and 5/8ths gypsum). I know that I should be getting some starkly lower times with the metal panels as their coefficients of absorption are much higher with the perforated panels. I have used the *recompute* option to no avail, my graphs look exactly the same. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please send any important information to jerry@yellowinkrecords.com and jerry.n@imagemedia.biz

Re: Ease Modeling RT time does not change
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:20 am Reply with quote
Peter Patrick

>I have been looking at the RT60 time for an ease model that I am working on and noticed that my calculations do no change when switching between extremely different materials (perforated metal and 5/8ths gypsum). I know that I should be getting some starkly lower times with the metal panels as their coefficients of absorption are much higher with the perforated panels. I have used the *recompute* option to no avail, my graphs look exactly the same. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

>Please send any important information to jerry@yellowinkrecords.com and jerry.n@imagemedia.biz

Jerry,

By *recompute* do you mean the F5 key.??

That's the key that changes the result.

The other question is what proportion of the room's surface are you changing.

The whole ceiling or a smaller surface.

You have to change a significant proportion of the surface areas in a room to make a difference.

Hope this helps

Peter Patrick

Re: Ease Modeling RT time does not change
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Eric Aden

>>I have been looking at the RT60 time for an ease model that I am working on and noticed that my calculations do no change when switching between extremely different materials (perforated metal and 5/8ths gypsum). I know that I should be getting some starkly lower times with the metal panels as their coefficients of absorption are much higher with the perforated panels. I have used the *recompute* option to no avail, my graphs look exactly the same. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

>>Please send any important information to jerry@yellowinkrecords.com and jerry.n@imagemedia.biz

Try opening room options and uncheck the *room open* box and under reverberation time make sure that the RT is NOT locked - this prevents the results from changing when surafces are changed.

Hope this helps

Ease Modeling RT time does not change
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE Forum Archive